Yountville Deli, located in beautiful Yountville in the heart of Napa Valley, is looking for an individual interested in a full-time position as our lead store manager. The Yountville Deli provides a high quality, affordable breakfast and lunch option for both locals and tourists in a casual, welcoming environment. In addition, we are actively working to grow our catering offerings. We are open daily from 6am to 3pm. Employee shifts start at 5:30am and go as late as 5pm. The deli is open 362 days a year — we are closed on Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day and Easter Sunday.
We operate in a fast-paced, busy environment. Things get hectic, particularly during the lunch rush. Our employees must be able to work under pressure and provide excellent service in a quick manner. We ask our employees to have a sense of urgency to get our customers on their way with their orders made correctly and do any and all tasks required to get this job done. Everyone does everything — this applies to the owner, manager, supervisors and all other staff. If you are looking for a position where you can sit in an office, this is definitely not the opportunity for you! Our manager position is a front line operations job.
Our store manager is responsible for the following:
* Daily operations of the deli
* Employee management, from hiring to training to coaching to discipline
* Developing and managing shift supervisors
* Shift scheduling, including managing time-off requests and unexpected absences
* Product ordering and inventory management
* Cost control (food & labor) to achieve margin targets
* Working with the owner on the strategic direction of the business, improvement & implementation of policies & process and generally being the driver of business improvement
* Other duties that are required to run the business and satisfy our customers’ needs
We are looking for a person who possesses various personal characteristics that will mesh well with the owners and foster a positive culture throughout the business. Some characteristics we will be looking for include:
* Unquestioned reliability and commitment to mutual trust
* Strong sense of responsibility for the success of the business
* Natural desire to please customers (even the ornery ones) and personal pride in seeing that customers become fans of our deli — especially our locals
* Ability to motivate employees and create a positive, fair working environment & caring about our employees’ well being as people
* Firmness to hold employees accountable, understanding that employees who do not fulfill their responsibilities are placing an unfair burden on others
* Food service management experience is certainly desired but not absolutely required
* Prior employee management experience is important
INTERESTED IN APPLYING?
If you are interested in applying for this position, please respond to the email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter expressing your reasons for being interested and a copy of your current resume. You may also drop off your cover letter & resume at the deli — if you do this, please provide these documents in an envelope for privacy. Please let us know up front if you have a certain level of compensation that is required. All submissions will be kept strictly confidential.
Based on our review of your initial information, we will contact potential candidates for interviews and require you to fill out a formal application at that time.
We do not have a firm deadline for submissions and will take our time as needed to find the best possible personal fit. It is our desire to have a person in place by the New Year.